- The Pharmacy Professionals
MEDICAL ADMINISTAIVE ASSISTANT PROGRAM
The Medical Administrative Assistant work primarily in medical facilities such as doctor’s offices, clinics, hospitals and other health care settings. The Medical Administrative Assistant program prepares the student with the various Medical Administrative Assistant duties. The course studies include greeting patients, answer telephone calls, schedule appointments, medical law & ethics, medical insurance verification, medical insurance billing and coding, documentation in the medical record, management of all correspondence, and medical terminology. The Medical Administrative Assistant may also assist with physician’s reports, articles & conference proceedings.
A Medical Administrative Assistant demonstrates the following qualities: Dependability, Courtesy, Initiative and Interpersonal Skills and good record keeping skills. This program provides graduates with the basic front office (administrative) skills necessary to quality for entry-level positions in a variety of out-patient medical facilities. Students will learn basic medical insurance billing.
This 5 hour course is excellent for all health care providers. In this course the student will learn Adult, Child, and Infant CPR. The student will also learn how to respond to emergency situations by using an AED and knowing the proper techniques for saving a life using CPR. The Instructor will demonstrate many real life scenarios to ensure the students skills are correct and accurate. Upon completion of this course the student will receive their CPR card. Call for times and dates of our next class!
USP 797 Course
Attention all Pharmacy Technicians! Need some refreshment on how to mix IV's, if you do this is the class for you! This class offers 8 full hours of IV calculations and IV compounding. This course provides the following:
- Define and Discuss all terms and abbreviations for inpatient pharmacy protocol.
- Explain Aseptic Technique and demonstrate how to clean a hood properly.
- Explain and Demonstrate proper Hand washing technique.
- Demonstrate sterile glove placement and disposal.
- Define injectable routes and administration systems for parenteral products.
- Describe horizontal and vertical laminar airflow hoods (LAH) and a high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter.
- Explain directions for reconstituting a sterile drugs contained in a vial, calculate and prepare an ordered dose in a LAH.
- Calculate and prepare an ordered dose from a sterile drug contained in an ampule in the LAH.
- Describe the risks involved in cytotoxic drug preparation and list the steps in preparing, handling and transporting cytotoxic drugs.
- Identify all IV solutions and their uses.
- Identify the components of a Chemo Spill Kit.
- Correctly fill out a TPN mixing report.
- Apply the correct formulas and calculations used in IV preparation and administration.
This course is great for students who would like to refresh their IV skills or for those who have never experienced preparing IV's. Upon completion of this course the student will receive a Certificate of Completion in IV preparation. This looks great in your portfolio when your trying to compete for that ideal Pharmacy Technician Job. Students must have a current Pharmacy Technician License through the California State Board of Pharmacy. The cost for this course is $499.00. Call for times and dates of our next course!
PTCB Preparation Course
This course is for all you Licensed Pharmacy Technicians who are getting ready to take the PTCB! This course will refresh you with all the vital information that is needed to successfully pass the exam. We have had excellent results with our students! This is an 5 hour course. The student will be provided with pharmacy formulas, abbreviations, drugs, practice exams and more. Call for times and dates of our next course and cost.